The fall is here and it is time to enjoy roasting veggies!!
Cooking carrots maintains their beta carotene content, and when eaten with a little fat (like olive oil) their pro-vitamin A content is more easily absorbed. Carrots are also a great source of fiber, Vitamin C, and potassium. BONUS: carrots contain beneficial fiber for the gut, increasing short chain fatty acid production by our probiotic strain of beneficial bacteria!!
1 lb of carrots
2 cloves minced garlic
1 tbsp honey
1/2 cup feta cheese
1 tbsp olive oil
salt + pepper
Line a baking dish with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 425 degrees
2. Peel and quarter carrots
3. Mince garlic and dice shallot
4. Place peeled carrots onto baking dish, season with salt and pepper
5. Sprinkle garlic and shallot over carrots and drizzle with olive oil and honey then place in oven
6. Cook for 15 min, remove and top with feta, paprika and Italian seasoning
7. Finish in the oven for additional 3 min